if you have a gift, give it

if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it -if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it

Monday, March 7, 2011

Poetree Man


When I ask my body what it wants
It tells me rest
So, I ask my heart if it agrees and its says, “no”
Heart needs words so I write words
Heart needs air so I hale words
Heart needs life so I light words like
A poet inside a credo
Casting prisms on the scratches of stained glass 
In the belly of a barn
Been cooped up and tied down
By my own limbs and limerick
Watching trees drink wine in a windstorm
I ask my body what it wants and it says, “to sway”
So, I ask my heart if it agrees
And it says, “no, stand strong”
Like a cordless phone on low battery
Calling friendship from a gray sky and balloon sale
When the signals lost
I can still hear your voice inside my halls
A direct line to bright iders
Laying stepping stones in echos
A Japanese garden tune
I don’t ask any more questions here
And I like to visit

No comments:

Post a Comment