if you have a gift, give it

if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it -if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Found It

Found it. Found what I was looking for. When the sun is out I want to basketball. I fought myself. Put the computer by the window. Showed my self a stack of words I was proud of. Made a date with my desktop a promise I've made that has grown itself to sit on my shoulder swing its legs legs like a tall chair and whisper in my ear about dreaming again. I've only seen Matt three or four short times and each warmed my reason. I had no idea when I got up that it would be him today to tell me something I needed to hear. I wanted to give myself some space to listen to his anecdotes, its how I study now. Building up. The inspiration to fuel efficiency makes work feel like continuity perfect origami with stock heavy construction paper and waala. Off to safe place. The filing cabinet my heart keeps when it finds something wonderful in the poetry of language. A fisherman I have become. A miner. And a dreamer.

The other night we were eating at the bar and I was able to describe an editing process that wasn't of any use. It's when the words come out perfect the first time. I am here now. Sending post cards like salutations sun shining through the window thinking about hoop dreams and all that came before I knew them and all that is coming after. No edits here. Not needed today. 






No comments:

Post a Comment