if you have a gift, give it

if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it -if you have a gift, give it - if you have a gift, give it

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Language is For Listeners

Usually I collect the sea
I woke up in a quiet room big windows in a long house
Every time I cross pastures with a field surrounded by trees I get goosebumps
I have a standoff with the open spaces
Where the North Forest opens up into her meadow you will find me
For a long time I stand on her outskirt
Then walk to somewhere out in the center
Take my look up and around try to see back through and into the forest wall
From a pinpoint I slow spin like lazysuzan passing the salt shaker
Polite to use what I am taking in

After I've tossed the sea over my shoulder in a burlap sack
I walk into the forest where the trails stretch on like a galaxy act
I trade stories with her
A footprint for a footprint
A hand print for a smile
A smile for a smile we laugh together a good listener that giant

But when i hit the open air
Stop in my tracks
Quit showing off my sea and my stories of "over there"
I can finally remember what it feels like to arrive
A good trail in a forest will have a look out point or the place I'm talking about
The best listeners in the the world have stood in this spot
It's why its quiet here

There is a rule of thumb: I've heard it on a broken record 
"Give full moon attention to receive full moon attention"

The real secret is this: The forest is always giving it's full attention to you. All you need to do is ask. Put it out there in the open. Even when it doesn't feel right the forest will find a way to slow you down so it can speak to you. Be your best listener. Finding a thought that feels like "Yes!" is important. Often times the subtle adjustment is all that is needed  in order to keep your focus.


If you have a Gift, Give it!

No comments:

Post a Comment